- SlimSATA (MO-297)
- SATA II 3 Gb/s (Backward compatible to SATA I)
- 4 – 128GB SLC, 8 – 128GB MLC
- -40 to 85°C Operating Temp
- Read / Write Speeds up to 245/210 MB/s*
Industrial SlimSATA Product Description
Utilizing the same connector as a standard 2.5” HDD or SSD, the uncased L270 Series Industrial SlimSATA (conforming to the JEDEC MO-297 standard) is an excellent alternative for embedded applications not restricted to the mechanical outline of a traditional hard drive. Offered in a range of industrial temperature capacities for both high endurance SLC and cost-effective MLC flash, Delkin can help identify the optimum configuration for each application. Typical embedded uses include loading an operating system and logging of key system data. As with all Delkin products, the SlimSATA drives are built with a controlled BOM, such that the flash, controller and firmware cannot be changed without a corresponding part number change, and Delkin places great emphasis on life cycle management. Delkin offers many customization options for industrial products – including custom labels, content & image loading, serialization and conformal coating.
Contact Delkin with questions about customization options. In addition to the Industrial SlimSATA (MO-297), other SATA form factors offered by Delkin include the S218 1.8” SSD, S225 2.5” SATA SSD, mSATA (MO-300B), Mini mSATA (MO- 300B mini) and CFast.
Delkin Industrial SlimSATA SSD Part Numbers
|Capacity||L270 Series w/ SLC Flash||L270 Series w/ MLC Flash|
-40 to +85°C
-50 to +100°C
10G, 11msec – Sawtooth Waveform
20Hz – 1000Hz @ 0.04 G2/Hz,
1000Hz – 2000Hz @ 0.01 G2/Hz
Reliability / Endurance
SLC: 937 TBW
MLC: 47 TBW
> 3 million hours (0 to +25°C)
> 200,000 hours (60°C)
4GB – 128GB
4GB – 128GB
Sequential Read up to 245MB/s
Sequential Write up to 215MB/s
Sequential Read up to 145MB/s
Sequential Write up to 80MB/s
1Per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 Procedure I. Testing to other shock profiles available upon request.
2Per MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6; Category 24. Testing to other vibration curves available upon request.
3TBW figures are representative for 16GB capacity based on optimal usage model. Contact Delkin for life estimates on other capacities or using your specific usage parameters.
4Performance figures shown are for highest capacity configuration, and will vary by capacity, host, usage model and other factors.
- Compliant with JEDEC MO-297B form factor
- Embedded replacement option for 2.5” HDD or SSD (same connector)
- Compliant with SATA Revision 2.6 specification (3 Gbps / 1.5 Gbps)
- Fully compatible with ATA-7; Supports transfer modes PIO 0-4, MDMA 0-2 and UDMA 0-6
- Supports TRIM & Native Command Queuing (NCQ) up to 32 commands
- Supports ATA Security Erase
- Advanced wear-leveling and ECC
- Rugged, industrial embedded drive with under-fill for critical components
- SMART enabled for monitoring performance and managing product life in application
- Protection against data and firmware corruption during power loss
- Customizable – conformal coating, labeling, content loading, etc.
- Compliant with European Union Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
Industrial 1.8″ SSD
Delkin Devices’ S218 1.8” SATA SSD is the ideal HDD replacement for embedded applications, delivering industrial temperature storage in a compact SFF-8144** compliant form factor.
Industrial 2.5″ SSD
For legacy SATA designs with a standard 2.5” HDD or SSD slot (SFF-8201 form factor*) the Delkin Devices’ S225 delivers a controlled industrial solution in two flash grades and a wide range of capacities.
Industrial Mini mSATA SSD
For real estate constrained hosts needing a true embedded SATA storage module, Mini mSATA (JEDEC MO-300B Mini standard) is the ideal solution, delivering up to 64GB of SLC or 128GB of MLC in less than 8 cm2 (1.25 in2.)
Industrial SlimSATA SSD
Utilizing the same connector as a standard 2.5” HDD or SSD, the uncased SlimSATA form factor (conforming to the JEDEC MO-297 standard) is an excellent alternative for embedded applications not restricted to the mechanical outline of a traditional hard drive.
For embedded platforms which have used CompactFlash as a boot drive or other storage medium, and now face a migration from PATA to SATA due to a processor change, CFast is a logical choice for new designs.