What are the top differences between industrial CF cards and commercial CF cards?
There are five primary differences:
- Firmware algorithm differences. Industrial CF firmware algorithms have the most intelligent programming, such as defect management, error-checking & correction.
- Commercial CF cards are often used as a removable disk. Industrial CF cards are typically a fixed disk used for embedded applications.
- Ability to handle unexpected power interruption. Industrial CF cards are not just protected via software, but are also built to physically resist unexpected destructive power fluctuations. Commercial CF is typically protected only by software.
- Temperature condition variance. Industrial CF cards can be used between -40C to 85C, whereas commercial CF cards have a operating temperature range of -25C to 85C.
- The type of Flash is different between Industrial CF cards that use SLC (single level cell) Flash, and Commercial CF cards that use MLC (multi-level cell) Flash.
Here is more information on Delkin Industrial CF Cards.
Contact the Delkin Support Team for any questions about the best industrial flash storage solution for your application.