The Benefits of Using Industrial Flash Storage for Embedded Computing Applications
Industrial grade flash storage devices have a higher endurance, better BOM control, longer life cycles, wider temperature ranges, and overall superior performance. That’s why they are widely used in HPEC or High-Performance Embedded Computing where a long-lasting computing performance is expected. When it comes to HPEC applications, it’s important to consider the impacts of endurance, compliance, and reliability that industrial flash storage can offer. Before selecting the industrial flash storage device for embedded computing applications, let’s review the features that set the product line apart as industrial grade.
- NAND Flash Options & Write Endurance: When it comes to endurance, industrial flash storage solutions offer exponentially better endurance than standard consumer-grade products.
- Extreme Temperature Ranges: These rugged flash storage devices are rigorously tested for an extended period of operation (with maximum accuracy) at extreme temperature ranges, such as -45-degrees C to +85-degrees C. Manufacturers can now increase flash storage durability if extreme conditions with conformal coating added as a customization option.
- Controlled BOM or Bill of Materials: Industrial flash storage products have a controlled BOM which states that there will not be any changes to its firmware, NAND, and controller that’s undertaken without any proper notice of a PCN (Product Change Notification).
- Maximum Endurance: Industrial flash storage devices are designed specifically to address the optimum endurance demands of embedded computing applications. They are designed in such a way that maximum emphasis is put on two core characteristics; data integrity and reliability.
- Tailored Firmware Algorithms: A host of intelligent firmware algorithms are used in industrial flash storage, such as ECC (Error Checking & Correction), Defect Management, and Wear Levelling. Delkin Devices invests heavily into the Research & Development of firmware. The primary objective of this process is to offer improved reliability and long-term availability.
- Product Life-Cycles: Industrial Grade products feature a special lifespan. If required, Delkin Devices can increase the product life-cycle based on the unique requirements of an embedded computing application.
- Power Protection: Most of the consumer grade flash storage products offer low resistance to the data corruption that’s caused by a sudden spike in power. Industrial flash products overcome this power fluctuation by being more robust, limiting the possibility of data corruption, and maximum power protection.
As a highly experienced manufacturer of flash storage devices and a long-time leader in this industry, Delkin Devices will implement the most reliable, and most rugged industrial flash storage products that offer unsurpassed performance for your embedded computing applications.
Are you interested in purchasing industrial flash storage devices for your embedded computing applications? Do you want to know more information about these products and their impressive performance? Please fill out the Contact Us form to get in touch with a representative at Delkin Devices. Choose the best industrial flash storage devices for your embedded computing applications and order SD, microSD, CompactFlash, mSATA, or eUSB samples today.