S218 Series 1.8 Inch SATA SSD
- SATA II 3 Gb/s (Backward compatible to SATA I)
- 8 – 256GB SLC, 16 – 512GB MLC
- -40 to 85°C Operating Temp
- Read / Write Speeds up to 240/190 MB/s*
Delkin Devices’ S218 Series 1.8” SATA SSD is the ideal HDD replacement for embedded applications, delivering industrial temperature storage in a compact SFF-8144** compliant form factor. Both SLC and MLC NAND options are available, in a wide array of capacities, to address applications ranging from an OS load to video recording. The S218 Series is rugged, built to withstand shock, vibration, and harsh environmental conditions.
As with all Delkin industrial products, the S218 Series is built with a controlled bill of materials, with the flash, controller and firmware locked in the part number. Delkin also understands that life cycle management is critical for industrial customers. Every possible measure is taken to extend product life cycles, but when the inevitable EOL does occur, Delkin has an advance notification process which gives customers the opportunity to place a last time buy and qualify a replacement part.
Delkin recognizes that an off-the-shelf part may not always be the best fit, and provides many customization options – ranging from custom labels, serialization, content and image loading, conformal coating, custom testing, even a complete custom design. Contact us to ask how we can customize a drive for your application.
**SFF-8144 controlled by the Small Form Factor Committee.
-40 to +85°C
-50 to +100°C
10G, 11msec – Sawtooth Waveform
20Hz – 1000Hz @ 0.04 G2/Hz,
1000Hz – 2000Hz @ 0.01 G2/Hz
Reliability / Endurance
SLC: 3750 TBW
MLC: 188 TBW
> 2 million hours (0 to +25°C)
> 200,000 hours (60°C)
8GB – 256GB
16GB – 512GB
Sequential Read up to 240MB/s
Sequential Write up to 190MB/s
Sequential Read up to 240MB/s
Sequential Write up to 150MB/s
1Per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 Procedure I. Testing to other shock profiles available upon request.
2Per MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6; Category 24. Testing to other vibration curves available upon request.
3TBW figures are representative for 64GB capacity based on optimal usage model. Contact Delkin for life estimates on other capacities or using your specific usage parameters.
4Performance figures shown are for highest capacity configuration, and will vary by capacity, host, usage model and other factors.
- Drop-in replacement for 1.8” SATA HDD
- Industry standard 1.8” form factor with Serial ATA interface
- Compliant with SATA Revision 2.6 specification (3 Gbps / 1.5 Gbps)
- Fully compatible with ATA-7; Supports transfer modes PIO 0-4, MDMA 0-2 and UDMA 0-6
- Supports TRIM & Native Command Queuing (NCQ) up to 32 commands
- Supports ATA Security Erase
- Advanced wear-leveling and ECC
- True rugged, industrial drive with custom-designed case and under-fill for critical components
- SMART enabled for monitoring performance and managing product life in application
- Protection against data and firmware corruption during power loss
- Customizable – conformal coating, labeling, content loading, etc.
- Compliant with European Union Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
1.8″ SATA SSD
Delkin Devices’ S218 1.8” SATA SSD is the ideal HDD replacement for embedded applications, delivering industrial temperature storage in a compact SFF-8144** compliant form factor.
2.5″ SATA SSD
For legacy SATA designs with a standard 2.5” HDD or SSD slot (SFF-8201 form factor*) the Delkin Devices’ S225 delivers a controlled industrial solution in two flash grades and a wide range of capacities.
Mini mSATA (MO-300B Mini)
For real estate constrained hosts needing a true embedded SATA storage module, Mini mSATA (JEDEC MO-300B Mini standard) is the ideal solution, delivering up to 64GB of SLC or 128GB of MLC in less than 8 cm2 (1.25 in2.)
Utilizing the same connector as a standard 2.5” HDD or SSD, the uncased SlimSATA form factor (conforming to the JEDEC MO-297 standard) is an excellent alternative for embedded applications not restricted to the mechanical outline of a traditional hard drive.
For embedded platforms which have used CompactFlash as a boot drive or other storage medium, and now face a migration from PATA to SATA due to a processor change, CFast is a logical choice for new designs.
Note: Requests for samples are considered on a case-by-case basis and are available for B2B Industrial customers only.
Looking for our consumer retail website? Visit www.delkindevices.com